Saturday, June 6, 2009

Monday Puzzle #6 or "Does the CPG Exist?"


Doing better today. Definitely still dealing with caffeine and sugar cravings. I’m drinking a lot of green tea, but it’s not the same as coffee and diet coke. But, it’s looking like I will survive this. And, I’m actually having fun looking at my old recipe books, making my own hummus, actually using leftovers rather than throwing them away. This may not be so crazy after all.

Puzzle # 6 went great. Completed it with no errors. This is what I don’t know:

1 across, “False god.” I thought it was idol, but it is BAAL. I’d have to do more research, but sounds like Ba’al was a god (or the name could have referred to various gods), but the Bible used “ba’al” to refer to local spirits/gods/cult images and considered ba’al to be false gods, because, of course, anybody else’s god would be a false one. Since I’m an atheist and, therefore, have no god, I wonder if that means I have a false no god and that is some sort of proof that there is a god. Q.E.D. And, I don’t know where this puts the CPG.

63 across, “Longtime Yugoslav leader.” TITO. There’s Tito Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and Marshal Tito, the President of Yugoslavia from 1953 – 1980.

7 down, “Casa parts.” I know that this answer will be in Spanish – and will probably be “rooms” in Spanish. I don’t know the word for “room” in Spanish. The word is sala. So, the answer is SALAS.

58 down, “Mahmoud Abbas’s grp.” PLO. I do, of course, know about the PLO. I guess I shouldn’t say “of course” as there are so many other things that I should “of course” know, but don’t. And, I’ve heard of Mahmoud Abbas. But, no connection between the two in my brain. When I think of Palestine, Hamas, the PLO, Arafat, etc., it all just melts into one big stressful cluster fuck in my mind.

This puzzle wasn’t too bad. Completed it, no errors, and a low number of “don’t knows” compared to the other puzzles. I suspect this means the next puzzle is going to suck.

Ok, off to make a spinach and brown rice casserole with pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top. (I know, I know. It makes me shudder, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment