Saturday, July 4, 2009

Monday Puzzle #34 or "Not All Nazis Were Evil Bastards?"

I’m thinking more about “fray” from the last puzzle. Maybe if the clue had been, “Unravel, as a sweater.”

Puzzle #34. Completed it. No errors. YAY!

A few answers I got, but don’t really know:

2 down, “1952 Leslie Caron film.” LILI. I’ve added it to my Netflix queue, but it is not available right now. I also don’t know who Leslie Caron is. Oh, she was in Gigi. I don’t think I’ve seen that either. It’s in the queue.

30 down, “W.W. II German general Rommel.” ERWIN. Wow, I have to say I was not too interested in learning about this guy – nothing turns me off more than evil Nazi Germany people. But, this is what I learned on Wikipedia: “…soldiers captured during his Africa campaign were reported to have been largely treated humanely. Furthermore, orders to kill captured Jewish soldiers and civilians out of hand in all theatres of his command were defiantly ignored. He was suspected of involvement in the failed 20 July Plot of 1944 to kill Adolf Hitler. Because of his great prestige, he was allowed to commit suicide.”

43 down, “See 46 across.” 46 across is “Annual event at 43-down Stadium.” ASHE. I just don’t know where Ashe Stadium is. I just read about it and you can too, here.

55 down, “Shakespearean villain.” IAGO. Iago is in Othello.

The last one I should remember from Monday Puzzle #10. It was 29 down, “Spirit” and the answer is ELAN.

That’s it for #34!

No comments:

Post a Comment